Educators

HOW CAN YOU BECOME AN EDUCATOR?
  • Must have a passion for working with young children.
  • Must be over the age of 20 years.
  • Must have a safe and secure home (meet the regulations).
  • Must undergo a police vetting check( no criminal record).
  • You must have an interview with Sunrises Co-ordinator.
 
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM AN EDUCATOR?
  • Honesty, commitment and loyalty to the service, children and their families.
  • Attending regular meeting with other educators and the co-ordinator.
  • Document children’s learning on a weekly basis.
  • Provide children with learning activities that enhance their learning.
  • Give children opportunities to develop their skill and knowledge about people, places and the environment.
 
WHAT DOES SUNRISE OFFER EDUCATORS?
  • 1 adult to 4 children per session.
  • Weekly one on one visits and support with educators.
  • Resources and toys for children that are age appropriate are provided to each educator.
  • Regular invites and trips are offered to educators for their cared children.
  • 24 hour support offered and on call coordination.

 

HOW MUCH WILL I GET PAID?
  • The pay depends on the fee’s that are paid by the parents and also the WINZ subsidies.
  • 80% of the fee’s goes to the educator and the other 20% goes to the service.
  • Educators can have up to 2 sessions and 4 children per session.

 

WHO CAN I CONTACT

Sunrise Home Based Childcare
Lima 0210307519
[email protected]
Office at Unit 7, 20-24 Lambie Drive, Manukau
092575059


You can fill the form below and submit your query with the CV.