HOW CAN YOU BECOME AN EDUCATOR?
- Must have a passion for working with young children.
- Must be over the age of 20 years.
- Must have a safe and secure home (meet the regulations).
- Must undergo a police vetting check( no criminal record).
- You must have an interview with Sunrises Co-ordinator.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM AN EDUCATOR?
- Honesty, commitment and loyalty to the service, children and their families.
- Attending regular meeting with other educators and the co-ordinator.
- Document children’s learning on a weekly basis.
- Provide children with learning activities that enhance their learning.
- Give children opportunities to develop their skill and knowledge about people, places and the environment.
WHAT DOES SUNRISE OFFER EDUCATORS?
- 1 adult to 4 children per session.
- Weekly one on one visits and support with educators.
- Resources and toys for children that are age appropriate are provided to each educator.
- Regular invites and trips are offered to educators for their cared children.
- 24 hour support offered and on call coordination.
HOW MUCH WILL I GET PAID?
- The pay depends on the fee’s that are paid by the parents and also the WINZ subsidies.
- 80% of the fee’s goes to the educator and the other 20% goes to the service.
- Educators can have up to 2 sessions and 4 children per session.
WHO CAN I CONTACT
Sunrise Home Based Childcare
Office at Unit 7, 20-24 Lambie Drive, Manukau